Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A lot has happened the last few days that has made me think a lot about being totally sold out for Christ. I have always thought, yeah, we should all be like that, but have never actually been like that. I get super caught up in school, in work, and in life. There are so many distractions and I have my own plans which mean I have to work and plan.

It takes so much time to live in this world. I get so distracted. But God has been showing me lately a lot about changing the focus of my life. A blog created by a friend just said what I needed to hear when she quoted Proverbs 19: 21:

Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.

And I get a bible verse everyday in my email, today's was:

Proverbs 16:9
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

God is in control! How awesome is that? We just need to trust and be obedient.

Everything seems to be pointing in the direction of God, which is amazing. I am definitely struggling with being obedient to God's word and I wish that it were easier, but it is amazing to see Christ move. I am constantly amazed and I constantly remember how much I suck. I am unworthy of God's love, unworthy of all the blessings he gives to me everyday. It is amazing to think that even though I am undeserving, even though I am a huge sinner,He loves me anyway, and He blesses me anyway. "...I am a great sinner, and... Christ is a great Saviour." -John Newton

I am just thankful that I am utterly blessed by a huge, wonderful, beneficial God.

"When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love..." ~Marcus Aurelius
And remember Christ is the reason you are alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment