Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I realized something today. Something profound. I only wash my hands in the bathroom because I feel guilty if I don't. Isn't that amazing. I really could care less if I wash them, but I feel like people are judging me if I don't (which they totally are). I have been chastised into washing my hands. How interesting. Especially if there are a lot of people in the bathroom, I have to wash my hands or you know they will be talking(or at least thinking) about me after I leave and how gross I am.

Ew! She didn't wash her hands!
Imagine how dirty her hands must be!

Well, I have some news for you. I don't generally put my hands anywhere that they would get anything on them, so why should I wash them? They are clean. Yes, I may have just used the restroom, but I am pretty good by now at making it into the toilet and not peeing all over myself.

I will probably continue to wash my hands, even though they aren't dirty and I will probably teach my children to wash their hands, even though I kind of think it's ridiculous. But for kids I think it's a bit different. They do not have the proficiency when they are potty training to protect their little hands with toilet paper, so their hands could very well be very dirty. Mine are not. I feel that I have mastered this skill.

I think that most people would disagree with me on this subject, hence the chastisement, but I doesn't really matter, because I do wash my hands, if only so other people won't judge me, and you have nothing to fear in shaking them.

I was just thinking about the, dare I say it, idiocy of washing hands. That is all.



And......my dear friend sent this to me earlier today, so I HAD to add it to this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment