Oh the start of a new semester. Interesting.
sidenote: my Shift key is malfunctioning and it drives me crazy whenever I try to type anything. I normally use my left hand and now I am going to have to use my right or just stutter every time I want to use a capital letter...baaaaaaahhh
Anyways, back to the new semester.
New classes, new schedule, new plans. I feel like there are a lot of new things going on, like I'm different. I don't know what to expect for or from this semester. I think it will be good. I am going to try and follow God, even in the midst of changing schedules and working and life changing. Gosh, God is so good! I am so excited to start anew this semester. To start myself anew. How interesting a thought. Can I be completely new, probably not. I was just thinking this afternoon how it's really interesting how crazy we all are. Every one of us. We all have our crazy things, our quirks, our psychological and emotional problems that come from our parents, our lives, our childhoods, our personalities, and we all just do what we can do. We do our best (at least I'd like to think that we all try and do our best, though not everyone does) and we have our relationships and our lives, we have our children and our families, and we pass on our crazy things to our kids. How crazy is it that we be crazy and we pass the crazy on? But what else is there to do? We do the best we can, try to raise our children right (although I have no children, I am thinking about my future crazy children), and they still turn out to need counseling, to make crazy choices, to be imperfect. Of course they are (will be) imperfect, they come from imperfect parents, live in an imperfect world. Imperfection.
So here's the trail:
Crazy grandparents aka Imperfect people
Crazy parents aka Imperfect people
Crazy me aka Imperfect people
Crazy kids aka Imperfect people
Crazy grandkids aka Imperfect people
Isn't it great that our God is Perfect, even though we are imperfect? So great.
I was thinking the other night, after my friend told me about her amazing experience at church and how the Spirit was amazingly present there. It was so inspiring. I started crying (like I always do), so awesome to hear about God working in real life. I know He does, but it never gets old experiencing it, for myself or vicariously through other people.
I always seem to keep coming back to how much I suck and how amazing and huge and beneficent God is. I was just thanking God after hearing how He was so present at my friend's church and I just thought;
In spite of everything I am, thank you God that you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment